Date(s) - 03/02/15
7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
The Compass Church
Categories No Categories
A free education course for families and caregivers of persons diagnosed with serious mental illness.
NAMI DuPage (the National Alliance on Mental Illness) is sponsoring the Family to Family Education Program for families of persons diagnosed with serious mental illness. The course is designed specifically for parents, siblings, spouses, teen-age and adult children and significant others of persons dealing with severe and persistent mental illness.
- Symptoms of Schizophrenia, Major Depression and Bipolar Disorder
- Subtypes of Depression and Bipolar Disorder, Panic Disorder, OCD, Borderline Personality Disorder and Telling our stories
- Basics about Brain Biology and Causes of Brain Disorders
- Problem Solving Workshop
- Medication Review
- Empathy: Inside Mental Illness
- Communication Skills Workshop
- Rehabilitation: Making Choices for Recovery
- Fighting Stigma: Advocacy
- Evaluation, Certification and Celebration!